How To Care For Your Gilbert, AZ Decorative Concrete Floors
No type of flooring material is truly maintenance free, and the same holds true for decorative concrete. While concrete floors are relatively easy to care for when compared with other types of flooring (especially carpet), they do require regular attention. How much maintenance your floor will need largely depends on the amount of traffic it receives. The maintenance needs of a residential floor will be much different than those for a floor in a high-traffic commercial or retail environment.
In most cases, residential concrete floors experience light foot traffic, and a simple cleaning regimen of occasional sweeping and damp mopping will keep them looking like new for many years. Protecting concrete floors with a good film-forming sealer and a coat of floor finish or wax will make them even more resistant to stains, chemicals and abrasion.
General Maintenance Tips: Chandler, AZ
Here are some tips to make your Gilbert, AZ concrete floors as easy to maintain as possible:
- Avoid floor designs with sawcut patterns, since the narrow cuts in the surface can trap dirt.
- Unless the floor is polished, always keep it protected with a good floor cleaning & sealing Chandler Az. This top layer of protection not only prolongs the life of your gilbert concrete floor, it can also enhance its appearance (see this list of common questions about concrete floor sealers).
- For further protection against stains, dirt and abrasion, apply a good commercial-grade floor wax designed for concrete floors. This sacrificial finish will help to preserve the sealer and is easy to reapply if it begins to wear (learn more about construction clean up concrete floor wax).
- In areas of heavy traffic, such as entrances and foyers, reduce maintenance and wear and tear by using floor mats, both inside and outside of the entryways.
- Concrete floors are a good choice for pet owners because they won’t trap pet dander and allow easy cleanup of muddy paws and pet accidents. Just give the floor a few swipes with a broom, towel or mop, and the mess is history (see Six Reasons Why Concrete Floors Are Pet Friendly).
- Follow the maintenance schedule recommended by your concrete contractor to keep your floor looking its best. Call us now for construction clean up and concrete floor cleaning 412-643-5604 Valleywide
- Only use cleaning solutions recommended by your contractor or the manufacturer of the floor sealer or finishing wax. Avoid harsh cleaning products.