VCT Vinyl Tile Floor Stripping & Waxing Chandler Az
Top Ten Mistakes When Stripping Floors Chandler Az
Many of these mistakes can be avoided. Because of this, Powr-Flite Floor Care lists the top ten mistakes cleaning workers often make when stripping floors and offers some ways to prevent them.
1. Learning the skill on your customer's floors. Stripping a floor is a learned skill. Learn it in a technical school or at a distributor's work area, but not on your customer's floor.
2. Not knowing the floor type. The chemicals and equipment used for a VCT floor, for example, may not be appropriate for a stone floor.
3. Not having all the tools necessary and on hand before starting the job; this can slow down the entire floor stripping process.
4. Using soiled mops and buckets; always use clean equipment.
5. Not wearing safety clothing, including goggles, gloves, and stripper (safety) slippers or non-slip shoes.
6. Not posting safety cones around the work area.
7. Working in too large a work area. Always section off the floor and work in one area at a time.
8. Not properly diluting the stripper. In most cases, the stripper must be diluted; also, it is often recommended to use cold water.
9. Not allowing for proper dwell time.
10. Not using a defoamer with a wet/dry vacuum.
Call us at 602-214-9858 for a free on site vct stripping & waxing quote Chandler Az