by Stainmastercarpet stain removal guide
Butter, wine and gum, oh my. What to do when accidents happen.
Tips & Techniques for Tricky Stains
Removing Juice Stains from Carpet
- Scoop up and blot as much of the spill as possible. Vacuum up any dry particles.
- Prepare suggested cleaning solutions below, beginning with the first one listed scottsdale best carpet cleaning.
- Pretest the cleaning solution on an inconspicuous organic spot of carpet to ensure it does not discolor or damage the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the stain area. Note exception: Do not apply dry cleaning fluid directly to carpet. Apply first to cloth and use cloth to apply to carpet. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
- Allow the cleaning solution to remain on the spill for at least five minutes.
- Blot with a clean white cloth until no more stain transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the organic stain area or you might damage the carpet cleaning scottsdale fibers.
- Rinse with cold water scottsdale. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from carpet.
- If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until either the stain is removed or the stain no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If the stain remains, try the next solution on the list and follow the same protocol above. If the stain persists after trying each solution listed, contact a professional cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, place layers of white towel on the site to absorb any moisture. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is best dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
Cleaning Solutions for Juice
Detergent SolutionMix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
Vinegar SolutionMix 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.