Carpet Cleaning Spot Tips For Consumers az
Makup Removal By Stainmaster
carpet stain removal guide
Butter, wine and gum, oh my. What to do when accidents happen.
Tips & Techniques for Tricky Stains
Removing Makeup Stains from Carpet
- Scoop up and blot as much of the spill as possible. Vacuum up any dry particles.
- Prepare suggested dry carpet cleaning solutions below, beginning with the first one listed.
- Pretest the organic carpet or upholstery cleaning solution on an inconspicuous spot of carpet to ensure it does not discolor or damage the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the stain area. Note exception: Do not apply dry cleaning fluid directly to carpet. Apply first to cloth and use cloth to apply to carpet. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
- Allow the cleaning solution to remain on the spill for at least five minutes.
- Blot with a clean white cloth until no more stain transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the stain area or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all organic carpet cleaning solution is removed from carpet.
- If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until either the stain is removed or the stain no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If the stain remains, try the next solution on the list and follow the same protocol above. If the stain persists after trying each solution listed, contact a professional carpet & upholstery cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, place layers of white paper towel on the site to absorb any moisture. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
Cleaning Solutions for Makeup
Dry Cleaning FluidUse non-flammable dry cleaning fluid or a liquid spot remover from the grocery store or hardware store.
Detergent SolutionMix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
Call Eco King Carpet Cleaning for any questions or concerns. Serving the entire west valley az Glendale, peoria, surprise az.