Contact us for a free in house estimate 602-214-9858
Carpet Spot Tips by Stainmaster
Basic Carpet Stain Removal
- Scoop up as much of the spill as possible, with a towel or a spoon scottsdale az.
- Blot the spot, don't rub or scrub. Gently press clean cloths into the stained area to remove moisture. Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain into the carpet.
- Apply warm, not hot, water to the stained area and blot until the stain stops transferring to the cloth.
- If you can still see the stain, make a carpet cleaning Detergent Solution by adding 1/4 teaspoon dishwashing liquid to one cup warm water. Don't use too much soap, because it's difficult to rinse out of the carpet.
- Apply the carpet cleaning detergent solution scottsdale az, let sit five minutes, then rinse with clear warm water. Repeat until all the detergent is removed.
- Place layers of white paper towels on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture. 85262
- If you can see the stain after all this, repeat steps 3 through 7. It means the stain penetrated deep into the pile and has wicked up to the surface.
Removing Salsa Stains from Carpet
- Scoop up and blot as much of the spill as possible. Vacuum up any dry particles.
- Prepare suggested cleaning solutions below, beginning with the first one listed.
- Pretest the upholstery organic cleaning solution on an inconspicuous spot of carpet to ensure it does not discolor or damage the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the stain area. Note exception: Do not apply dry cleaning fluid directly to carpet. Apply first to cloth and use cloth to apply to carpet. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
- Allow the upholstery or organic carpet cleaning solution scottsdale az 85262to remain on the spill for at least five minutes.
- Blot with a clean white cloth until no more stain transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the stain area or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all rug cleaning solution is removed from carpet scottsdale az.
- If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until either the stain is removed or the stain no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If the stain remains, try the next solution on the list and follow the same protocol above. If the stain persists after trying each solution listed, contact a professional cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, place layers of white paper towel on the site to absorb any moisture. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
Cleaning Solutions for Salsa
Rug and Carpet Detergent SolutionMix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
Organic Carpet Cleaning Vinegar SolutionMix 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.