Marble & Travertine Stone Floor Cleaning & Sealing Scottsdale | Fountain Hills Az
To Seal or not to Seal?
Sealing scottsdale marble or travertine with a professional sealant protects your cherished surface counter, table top, or floor from stains and other damage. Although new surfaces will usually come with the appropriate sealer, old surfaces may be in need of a touch up; check the manufacturer’s instructions for guidance.
Caution: If the counter is used for food preparation, be sure to check that the product has been safely approved for this purpose.
As marble is a relative of limestone, it is soft, porous and particularly sensitive to the acid found in citrus fruits, wine and some general cleaning products. Spillages can therefore cause corrosion, as well as stains from the pigments in common foodstuffs such as coffee and curry powder.
For best results, make sure you use specialist marble cleaning products that tick the following boxes:
- Grease and water spot resistant
- Rinse-free (this will save you a lot of time and effort!)
The key to keeping your scottsdale marble floor clean, without having to spend an inordinate amount of time scrubbing away, is not allowing dirt to build up over time. Make this quick and easy method part of your housekeeping routine. Just remember to read the manufacturer’s instructions first, and always test any product in a small area first. Travertine, Marble floor cleaning & sealing available for Fountain Hills Az.
- Add a mild, bleach-free detergent or floor cleaner to a bucket of water. Follow the instructions on the label and be sure to test on small area first to check there is no adverse reaction.
- Sponge the floor, then gently rub any soiled areas with a bristled brush
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft microfibre cloth
Caution: Make sure you only use pH-neutral cleaning products as acidic agents could scratch the surface or lead to discolouration. Also, be careful to follow the safety instructions on the label.