A no-wax vinyl floor is a breeze to maintain. All you have to do is keep it clean. Here's how to do it:
- Wipe up spills with a sponge dipped in dishwashing liquid.
- Scrub off heel marks with a synthetic scouring pad. Phoenix az Commercial Carpet Cleaning.
- To wash the floor, use an all-purpose cleaning solution. Test any cleaner in a corner before using it on the entire floor. Tempe Carpet & Floor Care az.
- Sometimes a no-wax floor dries with a film. Commercial carpet & floor care glendale az. Don't panic; just mop it again with water containing 1 cup of white vinegar, and the floor will glisten like new.
- Do not scour the tile or flood with water. Water can seep into the seams and loosen the adhesives that hold the flooring down. Glendale az carpet cleaning.
- If your vinyl floor is old or not a no-wax variety, clean it with an all-purpose cleaner dissolved in water. After you have cleaned the floor, rinse the tile with clear water. When the floor is dry, apply two thin coats of a self-polishing floor finish, allowing the floor to dry between coats. VCT tile cleaning Phoenix az.
We've saved the best for last. Provided you put in the time to care for them, wood floors can add a touch of class to your home. Find out how to treat this surface.
Dirt from the street collects on feet and gets tracked into your house dozens of times a day. The little dumps, spills, and heel marks of daily living accumulate with startling speed. Tempe commercial carpet & floor care az.And unless your home has only one kind of floor throughout, you will have to deal with cleaning different kinds of hard-surface floors. The first step toward efficient floor cleaning is to know what your floor is made of. The cleaning method that works for one surface may ruin another.That's where we come in. The following article provides tips and guidelines for cleaning just about every type of hard-surface floor -- from asphalt tile to wood.
A Heavy-Duty Floor CleanerHere's a recipe for a solution that will remove extra-tough dirt and grime from asphalt, glazed or unglazed ceramic tile, concrete, flagstone, and slate floors:
- Mix 1⁄4 cup low-sudsing, all-purpose cleaner; 1 cup ammonia; and 1⁄2 gallon cool or cold water. Caution: Wear rubber gloves, and work in a well-ventilated area when using this powerful solution.
- Apply the solution to the floor with a sponge mop, using pressure for heavily soiled areas; rinse with cool, clear water for spotless results.
- Dry with a soft cloth.