carpet stain removal guide By StainmasterButter, wine and gum, oh my. What to do when accidents happen.
Tips & Techniques for Tricky Stains
Choose Stain... Acne Medication Alcohol Asphalt Beer Bleach Blood Butter Candle Wax Catsup Chalk Charcoal Chewing Gum Chocolate Coffee Cough Syrup Crayon Dirt Drain Cleaner Dye Eggs Feces Fruit Juice Fungicide Furniture Polish Furniture Stain Graphite Grass Grease Gum Hair Spray Hand Lotion Ice Cream Ink Insecticide Iodine Juice Lacquer Latex Paint Linseed Oil Lipstick Machine Oil Makeup Markers (felt tip) Mascara Mayonnaise Methiolate Milk Mustard Nail Polish Oil Oil Paint Paste Wax Pen Ink Petroleum Jelly Plant Food Rubber Cement Rust Salsa Shellac Shoe Polish Soft Drink Solder Soot Tar Tea (herbal) Tea (regular) Toilet Cleaner Toothpaste Urine Varnish Vomit Wax White Glue Wine
Basic Carpet Stain Removal Phoenix az
- Scoop up as much of the spill as possible off carpet or stone tile floor, with a towel or a spoon.
- Blot the spot, don't rub or scrub. Gently press clean cloths into the stained area to remove moisture. Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain into the carpet.
- Apply warm, not hot, water to the stained area and blot until the stain stops transferring to the cloth.
- If you can still see the stain, make a Detergent Solution by adding 1/4 teaspoon dishwashing liquid to one cup warm water. Don't use too much soap, because it's difficult to rinse out of the carpet.
- Apply the organic carpet cleaning detergent solution, let sit five minutes, then rinse with clear warm water. Repeat until all the detergent is removed. Tile and Stone Floor Cleaning 85016, 85018 Phoenix az.
- Place layers of white paper towels on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture. Organic Carpet Cleaning Phoenix az.
- If you can see the stain after all this, repeat steps 3 through 7. It means the stain penetrated deep into the pile and has wicked up to the surface. Carpet Cleaning Phoenix Camelback area 85016, 85018